Monday, November 16, 2015

1.0 The Beginning

I stood looking at my humble "home". I didn't really know what to call it. It was a bed, a wall, a toilet and a bath.
It was my second week of living in Newcrest and i still hadn't gotten that promotion i wanted. Today was my day off work, so i decided to go meet some of my fellow simmers around town. It was such a beautiful sunny day so i decided to walk to the park.
When I arrived i took a stroll through the park. It was so beautiful, so green and welcoming.
I started out by fishing. Maybe i could catch a fish i could sell. Easy money, i thought.
It didn't take long before new guests of the park came by. I started chatting with a girl named Bella Macarevich. She was nice to talk to and we quickly became friends.
There was no denying it. I liked Newcrest from the moment i moved here. It was peaceful and people were nice and warm here. Everyone walked to where ever they went. Nobody used cars because the community were so small and everything you needed was just next door. I'd never owned a car myself so i was used to either walking or taking the bus.
"So that's why i was in the hospital," Bella said, explaining that she had been to the mental institution once because of her insane behavior. "Now i'm on medication for the rest of my life. But honestly i don't care. I'm happy now and that's what matters." She sent me a big smile which i happily returned. My very first friend. I was happy and content. I couldn't wait to meet more people like her.
After she left i went to harvest some plants. I could use them to grow my own plants and make money off of my own harvests. It would be amazing to have my very own garden of various fruits and vegetables. And when i finally got a kitchen myself, i could use those in my cooking.
Spotting a group of people a little ahead of me, i moved forward towards them to join their conversation.
I joined a chess game with J Huntington III, while chatting away with them all. Soon more people came over to chat and i had the time of my life.
After a great game of chess and a lot of small talk, i was getting hungry. I really wanted to please all the other people around me so i spend some of my hard earned money on making burgers for us all.
"That's so nice of you" and "That smells amazing!" were said by the other guests. We all sat around the table together to enjoy the burgers. I was getting quite good at grilling since it was my primary source of food. I had also used some of my newly acquired vegetables.
After dinner i went home to get some sleep before work the next day. I was so exhausted after a whole day at the park that i went to sleep very early.
When i woke up there were still three hours until work so i went ahead with planting my new harvests.
"I can't wait to see you all bloom before my eyes," I said to myself with love in my voice for my plants.
That day i worked my butt off and earned a total of 184 simoleons. It wasn't much but it was my own. No one could come and take it away from me.

After a few weeks more, I finally got the promotion i was looking for. I now had the position as Open Mic Seeker! My work hours were now from 5 Pm to 11 Pm, which gave me the whole day to prepare for the night.
With the big promotion, I was able to buy my own grill now and i didn't have to go to the park to get a bite to eat anymore.
For my first dinner at home i made Franks and Beans, using some of my onions i had grown myself.

"Oh my god!" I was on fire! I patted on myself to extinguish the flames that were slowly burning my clothes, moving onto my skin.
"Phew!" That was a close one. I better be more careful in the future. I was so hungry that i ate the burned food instead of cooking a new batch.
I hummed a melody my mother had taught me, while showering, washing the soot off me. I wish i had more privacy. I definitely needed to earn more money quickly.
After that fiasco with the grill i needed to do something fun for myself, to take my mind off it. It had reminded me of the fire that killed my whole family back in SimCity.
I walked to the bar across the road to see what was going on there. A group of people were hanging out in front of the big screen television on the top floor. Among them were some of my friends, like Johnny Zest.
We talked while watching some doctors program.
Despite there being a large number of men in this town, none of them really suited me as a boyfriend and potential husband material. Not yet anyway. I was looking for Prince Charming! A shiny white knight that would rescue me from poverty, take me away to a castle where we would live happily ever after and have lots of kids. That was my fantasy. I knew it wasn't reality though. I was sure i would never live in a castle. But i wanted to create a legacy for myself. I would have my family build up their name again in this small community and make a name for ourselves! It would be born down in generations to come and everyone will remember the name Bloom!

After the grill had burned me two times i threw it away. From now on, until i got my own kitchen, i was going to use the grill at the park or at the fishing spot across the road.
My plants were blooming well and every time i harvested them, i sold it to the grocery store. I now had a deal with them to sell all my harvests to them. I was their primary fruit and vegetable deliverer!

Every day i went to the bar to practice on their guitar. Until i could buy my own i had to settle with what i could get my hands on.

On a sunny Wednesday Gavin Richards invited me out on a date. Desperate for a love life, i accepted immediately. It went well. We talked about this and that, but nothing big. It was like he was a closed book that was not for reading. We went dancing at the bar and had a lovely time together. When he had to leave i stayed and played some guitar. I had to practice those cords.
We dated for a while. We had our first kiss after a week.
But for some reason he never seemed to want to take it further. Every time i mentioned sex in any way he just shut down. I didn't understand what was wrong. After two months i couldn't take it any longer. He was moody and grumpy. When i broke up with him he said "I'm glad i never slept with you, you b**ch!" and he stormed out of the bar. I was feeling sad and hurt. How could i ever have felt anything for someone like him? I sat myself at the bar, deciding it was the right moment for a drink.
"A strawberry-ice tea, please." The bartender looked at me.
"Are you okay miss? I couldn't help noticing your little fight with your boyfriend there." He said as he started making my drink.
"It's nothing," i leaned against my arm on the counter. "And he's not my boyfriend... anymore," I mumbled to myself. 
The bartender placed my drink in front of me and i took a sip.
"Well, you sure are too pretty for an idiot like him." He looked comforting at me. "Now don't be like that, dear. There are plenty fish in the sea, like my brother used to say."
I looked up at him. "You're right," I said as i sat up straight. "I shouldn't be sad about breaking up with him. He's an idiot. Instead i should be out looking for Mr. Right!" I took a sip more of my ice tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment