Thursday, November 19, 2015

2.6 Hormones

Being pregnant was no easy ride for me. I had back pains, and even though i took it with a smile, i would be lying if i said i wasn't in pain.
One thing i did enjoy though, was that i could now eat anything my heart desired because i was really feeding the baby growing inside me. It needed food and i couldn't deprive it that. So i was no longer on a healthy, only green food diet. I ate pancakes and chips from i got up to i went to bed. I couldoften be found binging on chips in the kitchen or on the couch watching television.

One night Robi and I were cuddling on the couch. It was nice and cozy.


"What do you think we should name it?" I asked him.
He looked at me with a thoughtful expression on his face. "Well i quite like the name Skylar, but only if it's a girl."
"Oh i simply love that name!" I exclaimed.
"So what do you think about boy names?" He asked me, clearly loving this little game.
"I'm thinking either Landon or Cameron. What do you think?"
"I think those are great names honey," he said kissing me on the forehead.
"Oh! Feel that! Now!"
"What?"
"Here," I took his hand and moved it to my belly.
He jumped a little when he felt the kick. "It kicked! Wow that is amazing. This child will be so lucky. He or she will have all the love in the world."
"I know," I looked deep into his eyes, lost in my own thoughts.
"Hey you know what i'm thinking?" He had a mischievous look in his eyes.
"What?" I asked intrigued.
"I think we should make sure that baby sticks in your belly!"
"What?! Of course it will!" I looked horrified at him.
He was about to burst with laughter. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry," He said between sobs of laughter. When he had calmed himself a bit he said: "What i actually  meant was that i want to make sweet love to you. I just thought it would be a hilarious way of saying it, but i guess i was wrong." While he said it he slowly turned a bit sour, realizing what he had said.
"It's okay honey," I chuckled as i started to see the funny side of it. "Come," I said enticingly as i got up carefully. I was definitely starting to show a lot.
We hurried up to our bedroom and got under the covers.
"How do you want it?" He asked a bit loud for my liking.
"Shhh... we can't let the others know what we are doing." I said shushing him. I had always been a bit shy when it came to intimacy. Especially this kind of intimacy.
"With all the ruckus you were making up the stairs, i'm sure they already know," he said playfully.
"Excuse me?"
"I-I.." He stammered. "I'm sorry, i  just meant..."
"I know exactly what you meant. You mean i'm fat, right? Well i'm not! I'm not fat and i'm never going to be again. I'm pregnant you imbecil!" I practically screamed, walking from the room. I was, unfortunately, too big to run, otherwise i would have done that.
I sat on the couch in the living room, crying silently. First it was because of how he had talked to me, but soon i started crying because i realized how stupid i had just been. I know he didn't mean it like that, i thought to myself. "What's wrong with me?" I said aloud, mostly to myself.
"Nothing's wrong with you sweetheart," a voice came from the doorway. I looked up, tearful, and saw Robi standing there looking at me. His look was a mixture of kindness and being scared. I felt horrible now. "I'm so sorry Robi!" I sobbed. He walked over to me with a box of tissues in his hand.
"Here you go," he said as he handed me a tissue. I blew my nose hard and then crumbled it into a little ball.
"I'm really sorry!" I started crying again. He sat down next to me and held me close in his arms.
"Shh.. it's okay sweetheart. It's just your hormones. Don't worry about it."
I suddenly stopped crying. Hormones! Why hadn't i thought about that.
He looked down at me. "Hm?"
"I just... I just realized that it was hormones. I thought something was wrong with me that made me say those horrible things to you. I didn't know. I swear!" I looked up into his eyes and suddenly i felt peace. His eyes were of pure love and adoration, and at that moment i knew everything would be alright.
"Come let's go back to bed," I said. He looked at me happy and followed me up the stairs.

Later that night i went down into the kitchen to make dinner.
As i poured the pancake dough onto the pan, i hummed a little melody to myself. It wasn't a specific one, just something that popped into my head. It made me peaceful and happy.




"Dinner's ready!" I called throughout the house.
"Is it pancakes?!" Kala called down the stairs.
"It definitely is sweety!"
"Yay!" She squealed. She ran down to get her plate of pancakes and the rest followed suit soon after.

Kala had grown into a fine young lady. She had black hair like her Dad and was quite playful. Sometimes a bit too much. It could be hard to have a serious conversation with her because she would often pull a silly face on you or say something completely out of context. But was she adorable! I couldn't help loving her no matter what. She was a great niece and her love was so pure. I couldn't wait to meet my own child and see if he or she would be just as lovely. Of course i would think that he/she was because it would be my child, but still. There was something very special about Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment