Thursday, November 19, 2015

2.7 Loneliness

"You need to take responsibility for your daughter!" I yelled at Kaylin. We were having a heated argument that were slowly spinning out of control.
"I am too being responsible!" She yelled back at me.
"Being absent while hunting men is not being responsible," I shot back. "You have to be there for her, hug her when she cries about the other kids bullying her at school, instead of having me handle everything!"
She looked at me like i was crazy, denying everything.
"She's just being difficult. You know how kids are these days." She said laid back.
"She has problems, and you are not facing them. You need to take action. Contact the other mothers and handle this as an adult!"
"Excuse me? And I'm not being an adult? look who is accusing who here. Do you think it is being an adult, telling me how to raise my child?" She was definitely angering up now. Good thing too. I wanted her to take this seriously.
"Maybe you should ask her once in a while how she is doing. Take her for walks around the neighborhood, actually interact with her. I'm sure she would enjoy the attention."
"Yes she's a real attention seeker." She spat at me. "Maybe you should look after your own kid instead of telling me off all the time."
"Actually i think it is time for you to leave. And since you can't take care of your daughter she's staying with me." I said firmly.
"You can't take my daughter away from me, you bitch! She's all i got!"
"You're in no fit state to take care of her. She deserves more than an absent mother. At least you don't drink your mind out like some parents do." I said, unaware of her regular visits to the bar.
"You don't know half of it," she said with venom in her voice. "Fine, i'll leave. And you can have that little brat if you want. Like i give a shit. She's in the way anyway." She said in spite and walked out of the door. I knew i might never see her again and it hurt me deep inside of me. My once sweet and, well okay she had never been innocent, but she had never before acted like this. Not before she had had Kala. She had always been kind and nice to anybody who crossed her path. I had no idea what had gotten into her, but she was right on one thing: I needed to take care of my family. And Kala was a part of my family, so i had to take care of her too. And getting her away from Kaylin was the first step on the way.

Kaylin's Pov

How dare she speak to me like that! I thought as i made my way to the bar, where i had quickly become a regular costumer. 
As i sat down at the bar and had my regular drink, a guy sat next to me. He introduced himself to me as Jase Souza. At first i wasn't impressed. He didn't have a job and kept hitting on me. But then we started talking about other stuff like life and how it sometimes felt it was pressed down your throat with problems and responsibilities. I told him all about how my daughter was an attention seeking brat. I loved my daughter, i truly did, but by god she could be annoying. She was a hindrance for me to enjoy my life. Jase seemed to understand my problem.
Soon out conversation turned flirtatious.
We moved it upstairs to the couch, where he would give me massages and we cuddled, while talking about his life.

He used to work as a criminal in SimCity where he would rob old rich people in the middle of the night while they slept. When it became unsafe for him in the city because of the police, he moved here to Oasis Springs, which was a small town just outside of Newcrest. Basically Oasis Springs was a partly desert. It was the hottest place in the community and the only shadow was inside your house.
He explained that he was looking for work, but without a record in his age it was almost impossible. He told me i should count myself lucky to  have a steady and safe job.
He had never been married and didn't have any children that he knew of. He needed someone to look after him when he got older, and since he had thought I was the most pretty girl he had ever laid eyes on, he thought he would take a shot and see if he had a chance.
That was the magic words to me, and we started making out right there on the couch. We quickly moved to the bed in the other room and had heated and sweaty sex. It was by far my best sexual experience. He was like a magician! He knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Afterwards we lay in each others arms and conversed on about what else he had done in his life. We also talked about my late parents. About how much i missed them and how i wished they were still here to guide me and make sure i made the right choices in life. I really did miss them. I needed their guidance. Without it i felt lost.

Kala's Pov

I wish Mom would give me more attention. Sometimes i would stand next to her while she tended to the garden, wishing she would just talk to me, but she said she was too busy and i should just go play with my friends.
But i didn't have any friends. Often i would watch the other kids in the neighborhood play on the jungle gym close to our house. I was so jealous of how they acted so natural around each other.
They all seemed to be friends. In school the other kids would tease me with how i was fat. That i was an evil raven from hell because my hair was so black. That my Mom was a slut that just slept with my Dad for money. That would really piss me off and i would often get into fights because of it. Then when i lost the fights they would say i was weak and a pussy.
I told Aunt Phoebe about all my problems at school and she said she would make sure my Mom would know. She was so sure that Mom would take care of it, but days after i had told my Aunt about it, she came to me and said that Mom was moving and i was to stay here with her and Uncle Robi.
I asked Aunt Phoebe why i wasn't going with Mommy. She said that my Mom had problems and that for now it would be better that i stayed with them. I felt like i was an orphan. My Mom didn't want me and I had never met my Dad. I felt like the loneliest girl in the world. Nobody loved me except Aunt Phoebe. I didn't care much for Uncle Robi. I guess he was nice enough and i knew he cared much for his Aunt Phoebe and Cousin Skylar. But i didn't know if he cared about me. He was always busy with either work or playing chess. He never had any time for me, to get to know me.
All i ever wanted was for my Mom to love me. But i guess i had to just settle for my Aunt's love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment