Tuesday, November 17, 2015

1.3 Pregnant

Even though i was now in my second trimester i still worked hard. I had advanced in my career and now i had been asked to choose which branch i wanted to pursue - Comedian or Musician. I, of course, chose Musician since music is my life. That meant i had to learn how to play the piano. So on my days off i spend a lot of time down at the bar playing on their piano. I was rusty in the beginning, but i must say that i soon became quite good.
A lot of the time Mitch was there to cheer me on, supporting every stroke across the piano keys. I hoped i would some day be able to afford my own piano.
"That's wonderful honey, keep going!" Mitchel cheered for me.
"Thank you sweetheart," I cried back to him, trying to talk over the music.
All in all i think i did pretty good, despite the fact that i had to take breaks every thirty minutes to go pee. Having a little baby constantly pressing on my bladder made it hard for me to stay concentrated.

"What are up to, V?" Mitch said as he came home after his morning jog.
I was sitting at the kitchen table with papers all over the place and little paper balls all around me on the floor. "I'm trying to write a song, but nothing is coming to mind that sounds good. Everything i have written so far is bull! Argh!" I let out a cry of frustration, pushing the papers away from me so they landed on the floor. I covered my head in my hands with my elbows on the table.
Mitch walked over and pulled me up to stand in front of him. He held me close in his arms as he rocked me back and forth. "Shh... there there. Everything will be okay. You'll see. You just need to practice your musical skills some more and at some point you will get inspired enough to write your own songs. And i'm sure at that point they will be great. Maybe you will even be able to sell some of them. Wouldn't that be amazing." He looked into my eyes with comfort.
"How come you always know exactly what to say?" I said as i crept into his arms once more.
"I know. It's a curse," he chuckled.

In my fifth month we went shopping for the nursery. We bought a crib and some decorations and a ceiling lamp. Mitch set it all up the next day. I wanted it to be ready for when the baby would arrive.

"I really want a chess table," Mitch said to me one night as we were enjoying our dinner. "I hate having to go down to the library every day. It all takes a lot of my time. It would be easier if we had one at home."
"We can't afford it at the moment. We spend most of our money on the nursery. Maybe we can look at it in a month or two."
We ate the rest of our food in quiet.
In my eighth month i was on maternity leave. I started playing for tips on my guitar down at the library while Mitch played chess. A group of people, some of them my friends, seemed to really enjoy it. They tipped me generously as well.
I earned a couple hundred simoleons that day. I loved having people listen to my music. It filled me with joy and appreciation of how music could affect someone. They cheered for me, they even asked me to perform specific songs! What a joy it was. I loved performing.

Then finally the time was up. On a Tuesday night my water broke as i was eating in the kitchen. Mitchell was sleeping so i woke him up. "Mitch! My water broke! We have to get to the hospital!"
He hurried up and got dressed. We called for a cab and we drove to the hospital. It was in the other part of town so we couldn't exactly just walk there.
It didn't take me long to give birth. After a couple of hours we had a new family member. A little boy we named Nicolas.
We stayed at the hospital for a couple of hours so the doctors could perform various tests on our infant boy. They confirmed that he was a very healthy little boy so we were allowed to take him home.

My pregnancy had been quite easy. I hadn't had the morning sickness that many women talk about where you throw up all day for a couple of months. I had thrown up once and that was when i found out i was pregnant.
When we came home i fed Nicolas and put him to bed. I was so tired that i went straight to bed. Mitch stayed up to play chess on the new chess table i had bought for him a couple of days prior to giving birth.
I soon found out that despite Nic being very small, his lungs were incredibly well developed. I heard his cries all the way to our bedroom, often waking me up. I pushed to Mitch until he woke up. "Mitch, it's your turn." I said sleepily.
"Okay..."

"There there Nic," he said, holding his son in his arms. Changing him was always a difficult chore for Mitch. He hated the stank from a dirty diaper. He would much rather play with him.
"Who's a good boy. Who's a good boy," he cooed. Actually that sounds more like i'm talking to a dog, he thought, frowning.
"I love you Nic." he said, rocking his son in his arms. "I hope some day you will love me too. I want to play games with you and teach you the game of chess. I want to hold you when you cry and kiss away your tears. You are so special. One day you might have a sister or brother and i hope that you will be good to each other. I love you so much," he whispered, a stray tear running down his cheek.
He put him back in his bassinet and went back to bed. A yawn slipped his mouth as he laid in bed thinking of expanding his family. He had everything he had ever wanted, but still something was missing. A daughter was just what he needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment