Tuesday, November 24, 2015

3.4 New Job

Peter loved his little sister Rachel. He would often be found playing with her making her laugh a beautiful baby laugh.

I had taken a job at the science facility. It lay in the desert a while away outside of Oasis Springs

My dream was to become a top scientist! I had various tasks throughout my first day. I had to help out Moriah Benner with inventing a Momentum Conserver.
 It was a pretty useless little thing. It just stood still on the floor and spun around some circles on top of it.
Moriah was a very nice lady. She was a top researcher at the science facility. We immediately hit it off.
I also met some of my other co-workers. There was  Alma Beaty...
...and Joselyn Pickens.
When i was done with inventing the Momentum Conserver, Moriah approached me.
"You did a really good job there. Now i need you to experiment a bit at the chemistry lab. It's really easy. Just try mixing various things together and watch the outcome." She said encouragingly.
I went to work immediately.

In the end of the day Moriah approached me once again.
"Very good. I think you did a great job today. I would like to promote you to Apprentice Inventor." She happily announced.
"Really?! Thank you so much!" I was very moved. Just one days work and i was already moving upwards.
"Now you will be working more intently with inventions and sometimes we will have you take care of the plants as well. You will have to weed and water them, as well as harvest them for experiments. We will need to examine them for analysis and use them to concoct a variety of potions."
"I'm up for it!"
"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then."
That day i went home in high spirit.

I wish i could spend all of my time at the Science Facility. I loved it there. I loved my co-workers, inventing, experimenting... basically i loved everything about my job. It was my life! When i wasn't at work i was in my garden tending to my plants.


Rachel had grown up into a child and she and Peter would often be found playing around on the monkey bars in the park along with the other children. They enjoyed the freedom in the weekends, when they had all the time in the world to have as much fun as possible.
Rachel would often tease Peter with worms. She thought it was fun because he was so squeamish with bugs.
"Stop it! Stop it!" he would yell, jumping up and down while she held the worm in front of him.
Kala would often tell her off for teasing her brother and when she didn't listen she would be sent to her room without dinner.
"This is so unfair! It's not my fault he's so sensitive." She would scream at her Mother and run to her room.
But despite their differences, Peter and Rachel were very close. Some would even say they were best friends. If some of the other kids picked on little Rachel, Peter would be the first to tell them off and sometimes even fight them, just to prove a point.
Rachel wasn't the most social sim. When around too many people she would get uncomfortable and leave to go somewhere else. Often Peter would follow her, but sometimes she said she just wanted to be alone. I figured she was just a bit of a loner. Maybe she had gotten it always having been around so many people at the orphanage. We just didn't know.

After a while i had met almost all of my co-workers. One in particular stood out for me. Casey Bassett was a  handsome, intelligent and basically nice person all the way through.
He would often join me in the green room when i was tending to the plants.
We could have talked for hours but work got in the way so it was only five minutes at a time. Soon we had turned it into a daily discussion about science and the way things should be done differently in the world and so on. It was great to get to know him. He had quickly become one of my very good friends.
One day i had been fumbling on the Invention Constructor. I had been tasked with building a Sim Ray. Supposedly it would freeze a sim on the spot!
"I did it!" I yelled out in the room.
"You did what?" Casey asked from the other end of the room.
I thought this would be a perfect time to test it. I picked it up and examined it a bit. It had a few little buttons on the right side and a big red one on the left side. I figured it would be the big red one i should use, and so i followed Casey out to the hallway and pointed it at him.
"Wait! What are you doing?!" He yelled startled. I fired it up and it froze him instantly.
Hmm... it actually did freeze him. I walked around him, examining every inch of his frozen body. Amazing!, I thought. It actually froze him!
Then i noticed his skin  had started turning blue so i quickly ran out in the back to find a chisel and a hammer and got to work.
He weren't too happy with me afterwards. He actually screamed at me for freezing him. At the end of our shift he was still not talking to me so i followed him on his way to his car.
"Hold on!" I yelled, running after him.
He had one leg inside the car, but immediately stepped out when he saw me.
"What do you want?" He sneered at me.
"Look, i'm really sorry. I didn't think it would be that big a deal. Can't we just go back to the way things were?"
"I don't know Kylie. You froze me! Look!" He pointed at his left leg. "I'm still blue some places. I... would you stop laughing please?" He said angrily.
"I'm sorry," I tried saying steadily, though it was hard for me not to laugh.
"This is serious!" He said.
I pulled myself together and said: "Of course it is. I'm really really sorry. It won't happen again." I said with a straight face. "I just don't want this to ruin our friendship. It is very important to me."
"Friendship?! Hmph." He grabbed me around my waist and kissed me hard on my lips. I reciprocated his kiss and we almost melted together. It was dark outside now and no one was around.

We made love under the stars that night. It was beautiful and romantic. I couldn't believe we hadn't done this before.







No comments:

Post a Comment