Friday, November 27, 2015

3.10 Eavesdropping

It had now been five years since i gave birth to Hailey. Logan had grown up to school age and was steadily gaining friends. Though he was very artistic and loved the outdoors as much as me. I saw a future gardener in him. I just hoped he felt the same when he got older.
I had gotten a few promotions myself as had William and Skylar. She was almost at the top of her career. But her boss wanted her to learn a little more charisma in order to promote her again.

One morning i was walking past Skylar's bedroom on my way to the bathroom, when i heard her cry.
I knocked on her door and suddenly it went quiet. "Skylar? Are you alright?" I asked. I her her moving around  in her bedroom before she opened the door slightly, just so i could see her face.
"I'm fine," she said, but there were clear tear stains on her face.
"You are not fine! Let me in and we'll talk." I said firmly.
She looked down at her feet. "Alright," she said and opened the door wide. I walked inside and saw that everywhere were balls of tissues lying around.
I took her hand and steered her to the bed. We sat down and i said: "What's wrong sweetheart? You can tell me."
"I'm pregnant," She said through sobs.
"You are? Well that's great news! So why are you crying?"
"It's not that i'm sad about."
"Wait a minute. Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Yes," she looked shyly at me.
"And? Is he good to you?"
"Yes he is. He's very gentle."
"You have to give me more. I'm going out of my mind here trying to figure out what you are so sad about."
She sighed and wiped away her tears. "You want the whole story?"
"Yes, please." I said earnestly.
"Alright here it goes."

"It started six months ago. I was out walking around when i first saw him. He was just jogging around the neighborhood. I've always loved joggers and therefor i called him over. I introduced myself to him and he himself to me. His name was Jorge Shelby. He's very handsome and athletic. 
We ended up talking for quite a while."
"I could tell he was in a very good mood as he kept smiling at me. I commented on it and he said that sometimes he could be a little hot-headed, but it was nothing to worry about. We went for a walk to the bar and then i thought i would try to be mischievous and used a hand buzzer on him."
"I was a little afraid of what he would think of it, considering he had just told me he could sometimes be hot-headed, but to my relief he just laughed at it. 
It was definitely a good ice-breaker. He said he liked my humor and would love to get to know me more. I decided to jump ahead and ask if he were single. Sadly he said no. He was married. But then why did he take such interest in me?
We kept seeing each other now and then. I slowly fell for him and apparently he fell for me too. We met up at various locations at all times, especially at night. We would talk for hours until the sun started to show. I found out he was very family oriented and had always wanted a big family. 
One night i invited him back here, after you guys had went to bed. We talked out on the terrace for a while."
"I knew he was married, but i was not getting any younger.  I knew it was wrong, but i also knew i had to think about what i wanted in life. He was the most handsome, gentlest and kind person i had ever met. He always said he found me beautiful and attractive. I knew i had gained weight and didn't see myself as those things, so i was very touched when he told me.
I decided to try to seduce him."
"And it worked. He asked if we could move this inside. I took his hand and we went inside the house, when he suddenly spun me around and kissed me. "Where is the bedroom?" he whispered in my ear. He followed me upstairs and into my bedroom. I don't think i have to explain what happened next."
"A month later i took the test, after throwing up multiple times over the past two weeks. I was pregnant. I invited him over, but before i could tell him, we were in bed once again. Afterwards i felt i had to tell him. Better now than later. 
He took it rather well. He was very excited to have a child, and especially with me, he said. 
I decided to ask him to leave  his wife for me. He agreed. I was shocked. He actually was going to leave his wife to be with me!"
"Then what happened?" I asked intrigued.

"Now... well now he wants us to move in together. And that is what i'm sad about. I don't want to move out of here. I want you and I to stay together forever and for nothing to change!" Tears started welling up in her eyes again.
"Well, things are going to change. You're gonna be a mother soon." I held my arms around her. "You know what i think? I think you should definitely give this a chance. Move in with him. If it doesn't work out you are always welcome to return home. But i believe you should try it. It might do you good with a change."
She looked up into my eyes with tears running down her face. "You... you really think so?"
"I do," I said smiling gently at her. "You have no idea what it is like to be a mother. You need to be with its father. He deserves to be in yours and your child's life. I think i know what i'm talking about considering i'm waiting my third child," I winked at her.
"You-you're what?! Your third? You mean, you're pregnant again? Oh my god, congratulations sweetheart!"
"Thank you," I smiled warmly at her. "Now i'm gonna go bake us  some cookies and we're going to watch a romantic comedy together. I think we need some girltime."

Logan's Pov

"...very excited to have a child, and especially with me..." I was listening at the door into where my Mom and Aunt Skylar was sitting. I could just see them through the keyhole. So, Aunt Skylar was pregnant. And so was Mom! I was gonna have a baby sister or brother! And a cousin!
I listened on, hearing how Mom was planning girltime with my Aunt. Suddenly it became quiet. I looked through the keyhole but now it was all dark. 
Then the door opened and i fell forward as i had been leaning against the door.
"Logan! Where you listening by the door again?! What have i told you about doing that? You don't do that! Now go to your room, young man!" Oops! I really angered her this time.
"I'm sorry Mom," I muttered as i stood up. Aunt Skylar looked horrified at me. Now i felt bad. I guess i wasn't supposed to hear most of the things she had told Mom. 
"I'm not going to tell anyone what you told Mom," I said looking towards Aunt Skylar.
"Just go Logan," she said and looked away embarrassed.
I hung my head low as i made my way to my room. I hated getting caught. I had to be more careful in the future. 
I sat down on my bed thinking quite highly of myself, despite getting caught. I knew something that nobody else, besides my Mom and Aunt Skylar, knew. She had seduced a married man! I might only be eight years old, but even I knew what that meant.
I thought that was an impossible thing to do. Weren't marriage supposed to be sacred? That's what they said in school. That when you were married it was for life! And only a whore would break up a marriage. But my Aunt wasn't a whore! She couldn't be! Though somehow she had gotten him to break off his marriage. Hmm... I wonder if that will ever happen to me. Getting married and then somehow get un-married? I wasn't sure what else to call it.
I sat still, looking around my room. My eyes fell on my violin that i had gotten for my last birthday from my Mom and Dad.
I thought about it a little while and then went over and picked it up. I was going to stay in my room for a while, i might as well try it now. I hadn't really used it much since i got it, but that was about to change.



Third Person Pov

Skylar and Jorge moved in together a week after the incident with Logan. They had found a house across the road from Kala and Elaina's house. 
It was quite big, but not that spacious. It had five bedrooms and four bathrooms, all furnished. Jorge made a ton of money working at the restaurant as a head chef!





The house can be downloaded HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment