Thursday, November 19, 2015

2.3 Ideals

Nicolas' Pov

As i brew my coffee, the first morning coffee i had ever gotten at home, i thought about what was going on in my life at the moment.
I had a steady job as a Guru Tech. I lived at home with my sisters and i had no social life - the story of my life. I hadn't ever needed much social life, but now that i was older i started yearning for more. At some point i wanted a wife and kids. I guess i needed to get out more, besides going to work. Phoebe had suggested i could come with her to the gym. Maybe i should take her up on the offer.

We went to the gym the next day. Phoebe told Dale Little, the personal trainer at the gym, that I needed training. We quickly got to work. He instructed me to take it slow in the beginning and remember to take breaks whenever i felt sore and out of breath.
He had made wonders on Phoebe so i followed his instructions. On my breaks he would train Phoebe. She had lost a lot of weight the past six months and it had helped her get over the death of her boyfriend.
She had always been beautiful so saying that she was now thin and beautiful would be wrong, but she was indeed thin now and she seemed to be more happy and she had a lot more energy. She would often go on jogs before work. Dad had once told us that he used to do the same, so i think she took after him in that way. Maybe i should do the same? Hmm. Though my job took a lot of my time. I had to learn programming and i needed to test out various games in order to advance at work.
My favorite game so far was World Of Warcraft. I could be any character and role i dreamed of. I was an Undead Hunter! A protector of the Horde! I loved it. It was my escape of the world, a place where i could live out my wildest fantasies. I met a lot of people online. People who were just like me, nerds, an outcast of society. They didn't see me as different or someone to mock, they saw me as an equal. I would talk about my work, my sisters, how i was bullied in school. And they looked up to me! They said it must have been hard being so isolated from the world. I could be anyone i wanted. And nobody knew who i really was. A nobody from a small town in a small community.

Phoebe's Pov

 "How do you feel about me?" I asked Robi one afternoon as we stood my hallway. I had invited him home to me for a cup of coffee. 
"You know how i feel. I like you, a lot." He looked at me shy. 
I held his hands in mine as i leaned in for our first ever kiss.

We had been dating for two weeks but hadn't kissed yet. So now i thought it was time for it.
"Wow!" He said afterwards. He grabbed me and kissed me hard.
Robi had been married once before, but lost her as she had perished in a fire in their home. It had taken him years to get over it. Which meant he was indeed older than me. In fact he was twenty years older. Nic and Kay disapproved of our relationship, but it didn't matter. I wanted to be with him and that was all that mattered.
Though we now had our first kiss out of the way, i still wasn't ready for something more like sex. It was a topic that hadn't been opened yet. It was like Pandora's Box. Something you wanted badly, but just wasn't sure was a good idea to do just yet.

I had started painting again. I hadn't done it since my parents died, but now was the time to pick up where i left off.
I had placed the easel in my bedroom. It was the only place where i found completely at ease. I had gotten a job as a painter as well. It seemed perfect for me. I loved painting. But at the same time i made sure i also kept on playing the violin. I still wanted to be the best violinist in town, as well as the best painter. And i would be, i was sure of it!

Kaylin's Pov

My siblings both had jobs, but i didn't just yet. I had no idea what i wanted to work with. I just wanted to be with lots of people. I liked hanging out at the gym with my friends so maybe in some sort of sport? I still had time though. It's not like i was going to have a family to take care of any time soon. Meanwhile i practiced my charisma.
I was gradually making my way to the top of the society. People were saying hello to me on the streets. I was popular, i was well known and well liked throughout the community. It meant the world to me. It was my life. I was made for this. I was ready. Ready to have a relationship again with a man. But who should it be? I hadn't met anyone yet for my liking. I guess it took time. Phoebe was so lucky to have a good boyfriend. Robi was absolutely delightful. He was gentle and kind and as far as i could tell, pretty romantic, which fit perfectly with Phoebe's personality. 
I was so happy for them, but it also made me a little jealous. I wanted the same kind of relationship. But it had to be with someone fit and strong, someone i could feel safe with. Someone who knew me inside and out, a guy who was both handsome and smart in mind, but at the same time social.
Was i setting too high standards? Phoebe, who didn't have an ideal man in mind, had been so lucky. I on the other hand, hadn't been lucky yet. Maybe i should lower my ideals. Who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment