Thursday, November 19, 2015

2.4 Pregnancy

Kaylin's Pov

"Wanna come back to my place?" I asked Moses enticingly.
"Yeah sure," he said a little more laid back but excited nonetheless. 
We walked from the bar to my house in under ten minutes. Everything was within such short distance. 
"You're so handsome," I said, winking at him, when we arrived home.
"Why thank you!"
I leaned in and gave him a kiss.
Despite being handsome, sweet, nice, gentle and a loving man, i was surprised when i touched his lips with mine. They weren't the soft lips i had been dreaming about. They were rough and dry.
"So you wanna move it upstairs?" he asked.
"Do I ?" I said chuckling.
We practically ran upstairs and jumped into bed. Making love to him was... well not great. It was rough, like his lips, bumpy and just plain awkward.
Afterwards we just kind of lay there. I wanted to get him out of there so i said i was tired and wanted to sleep and promptly threw him out. I was never going to be with him again, that's for sure.

About two weeks later i felt nausea. I was practicing my charisma in front of the mirror. I ran to the bathroom to throw up. Gross! I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth.

A month later i was still throwing up almost daily. I decided i'd better take the test. And i was in fact pregnant.

"How can that be?" I said to myself. And then i remembered that one night with Moses. Oh no! I was going to have a constant reminder of a one bad night with a guy i don't even like anymore! This was horrible! I was never going to find a man now!

During my pregnancy I took time off work and tended to the garden. I had let it go for a long time and some of the plants had died, but now i was back on track and i wanted to take care of them. I was going to be a mother. I should learn to take care of my plants as well as a baby. My mother would turn in her grave if she knew i had killed some of her dear plants. I couldn't let that happen again.
Moses had kept calling me for two months, but after telling him that i was pregnant i hadn't heard from him again. It suited me just fine. I didn't want him around me anyway.

Meanwhile Phoebe's boyfriend Robi had moved in with us. He was nice and gentle as always and actually quite easy to live with. And he helped with the bills, which was great. After upgrading to a bigger house, larger bills were occurring every month. And now we would have another mouth to feed in just a few months so we needed all the help we could get.
He would often be found playing chess at our Dad's old chessboard.

I found that pregnancy was actually pretty easy if you relaxed and did nothing else than watch television and garden the few plants i had.
Most of the time, as head of household, Phoebe would take care of the cooking and the cleaning. It made everyone's life easier all the same.

I had a feeling that Phoebe and Robi never had sex. I stayed up late while they went to bed so either they were really quiet and didn't move around much, or they simply didn't do it. I felt kind of bad for them. Phoebe had always been an innocent girl. I couldn't picture, nor did i want to, her having sex with anyone. But she was the heiress so she had to have children at some point.

As the end of my pregnancy neared i started to feel back pain and braxton hicks. It hurt like hell sometimes, and i went to the hospital to get it checked, but they said it was perfectly normal. I just had to wait it out to the end.

One morning while i was watching television, i felt an immense pain in my abdomen. I cried for help and Phoebe hurried to my rescue. We drove to the hospital in a cab as fast as we could.
Giving birth was the most painful thing i had ever done in my entire life. At one point i actually thought i was going to die. I fissured during birth so they had to sow me together. Afterwards it still hurt like hell just sitting down, but i was given some painkillers that wouldn't affect the breast milk so that helped.
I named my little girl Kala. Ever since seeing "Simmer On The Run" as a child with my Dad i had admired that name. It was the greatest kids movie ever made. I simply adored it!


(I was a little unsure of how to explain the "crack" that happened during birth with the word "fissure" but i think you get the idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment