Wednesday, November 18, 2015

1.8 Decisions Decisions

Phoebe's Pov

Today is Kaylin's and mine birthday! We turn 13 and start High School on Monday. I can't wait. It's going to be so awesome! 

As i got out of bed i went to use the bathroom but the door was locked. "Kaylin! Get out of there, i have to use the bathroom!"
"So do I!" she said from the other side of the door.
"But you always take so long! Finish now!" 
"Hold on," she said annoyed.
She always took forever in the bathroom, doing her hair. Finally she came out and i was able to go in. As i sat on the toilet doing my business, i thought about the day ahead. I couldn't believe how time had flown by. It seemed like yesterday i had gotten my first violin for my sixth birthday. Now i was going to be thirteen i could finally use a proper violin. Mom even said she would buy me an easel! This was huge. I wanted to learn to paint as well as play music. Mom was a real inspiration to me. I grew up with her playing on  her guitar almost every day and i would listen for hours. 

"The cake's ready!" I heard my Mom call from the kitchen. Kaylin and I hurried out there to see a chocolate cake with birthday candles on top. 
"Kaylin, you go first," Mom said. 
"Make a wish!" I said to her. She tapped her finger on her chin as she was thinking, then blew out the candles.
"Now your turn," she said afterwards.
I learned in on the re-lit candles and blew them out while Kaylin cheered for me.
I wished to be the greatest artist in town. 
Then we sat down and ate our cake together.
"What did you wish for?" I asked Kaylin while we were eating.
"That's kind of childish, don't you think?" she said giving me a degrading look.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean it is childish to make a wish just because you are blowing out candles. It's not like it is going to be fulfilled just because you wished it like that."
"You don't have to be so mean," I said feeling wounded.
"I didn't say it to be mean. I said it because it is the truth." She said matter-of-factly.
"You don't know that!" I yelled running to our room. Why did she have to be so demeaning? Sometimes i didn't get how she could have all those friends. Was it just me she did it to?
"Now you are being real childish," she said as she stood in the doorway. "Are you seriously crying?" she said, almost laughing.
"No!" i said drying off a tear. "I just don't get why you have to call me childish. I haven't done anything to you."
"I didn't mean it like that and you know it."
"I'm not following you." I said confused.
"Well, if you don't understand then i'm not going to explain it to you." and she walked off leaving me even more confused and hurt.

Kaylin's Pov

It's not like I was trying to be mean to her. I just thought it was childish to think that a wish would come true just because you wished it on your birthday while blowing out some candles. I loved my sister more than anything. We were twins! We had always had that special bond that you hear about. when we were younger we even had a special language that were just ours. We would talk about anything in front of our parents and they wouldn't have a clue what we were saying.
I started to feel bad so i knocked on our bedroom door. 
"Phoebe? May I come in?" 
I heard sniffles from the other side of the door. 
"Sure," she said and i entered. She was sitting on her bed. It was clear she had been crying. I sat next to her and said: "I'm sorry for what i said before. You're not childish. I guess i just have those teenage hormones now and they took over. I'm so sorry."
"It's okay. I'm alright," she said and gave me a little but weak smile. 
"Good. I was a little worried for a moment," I said smiling back at her. "Hey do you wanna come to the park with me? Some of my friends and I are meeting up in about thirty minutes."
"Yeah sure," she got up and a few minutes later we were walking together to the park, laughing once again about something stupid one of our classmates from Grade School had said last week. Things were back to normal and i was happy. And so was Phoebe it seemed.

Veronica's Pov

I was so proud of all my children. It would be hard to pick an heir. One who would lead the family to a better home, with husband and children and success. I saw success in all my three children, though only one could be named heir. It was a hard decision and i had to make it by myself.


Do you have an idea for who should be the heir of Generation 2? Leave a comment here or on the Forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment