Tuesday, November 17, 2015

1.6 Be Careful

"Kaylin and Phoebe Bloom?" the secretary called out in the room.
"That's us. Come on girls." We were at the doctors office after the girls had been sick for days.
"So, what can i do for you," the doctor spoke to the girls, giving them a warm smile.
"We're sick," Kaylin said in a small voice, while Phoebe gave a little cough.
"I see. And how do you feel? Any nausea? Have you thrown up?"
"Phoebe has, but i haven't," Kaylin said proudly.
Suddenly Phoebe threw up in front of her.
"Oh dear," the doctor said. "Ginny, can you get in here? We have a kid who just threw up." He said on the call system. "Now, someone is coming to clean that up, so don't worry about it."
I mouthed a thank you to him and he winked at me over the girls heads. Then he turned his attention tot he girls again.
"Who can tell me where it hurts right now?"
The girls pointed to the places that hurt on them.
"Good good. You're a pair of very nice girls. You must be the most behaved children i've seen in here in a long time. You both get a lollipop for that." He handed them both a round red lollipop.
It took about fifteen minutes longer, where the nurse also cleaned up the vomit.

When we got home i gave the girls their medicine that we had gotten from the doctor, and put them to bed with a book. They both liked to read, especially fairy tales. Harry Potter was always a success with them.

As soon as the girls had grown up into kids, we had bought them new stuff for their bedroom.
It was divided in colors to best match their personalities.
Kaylin's side of the bedroom was yellow/orange and Phoebe's side was purple.

Phoebe was very creative and she loved music and painting. We had bought her a child sized violin so she could practice, which she did often.

Kaylin on the other hand was the more social of them. She loved, just like her father, to have people around her at all times. Though one person she really did not care for was Nicolas' best friend Rashad. They just couldn't seem to see eye to eye with one another.

Mitchell loved to be with his daughters. His little princesses, as he called them. He adored their different personalities and saw great potential in both of them.
He would tell them stories over breakfast and they would listen with great interest.

One day Jonah Parker came home with Kaylin after school. They hung out together and had a great time, until she got very tired and wanted to catch some sleep before dinner.
"Do you mind if i play around with your chemistry set?" Jonah asked Nicolas later that night.
"Go ahead. I've got homework to do anyway."
"Cool thanks!" and he hurried to Nic's bedroom to try it out.
Not long after, Nic started to smell smoke. Then he heard a cry from his bedroom. "Mom!" he called as he saw smoke coming out from under the door.
I ran into the kitchen where Nic pointed to the door. I opened it and flames stood out in front of me. I grabbed the fire extinguisher and started to extinguish the flames.
"When i have cleared the doorway, you just run outside!" I said to Jonah as calm as i could under the circumstances.
I felt the burnt air in my lungs. It was too hot in here, though i couldn't risk opening the windows.
"Mom! It's in the kitchen as well!" I heard Nic yell, just as i had finished in the bedroom. I ran to the kitchen and extinguished the flames there. When i were done, i heard Nic yelled at Jonah.
"I can't believe you did that! You prick! You could have burned down the house!" Nic was furious.
"It's not like i did it on purpose," Jonah defended himself. "It was an accident!"
"I don't care! What if we had all died in the flames? Would you then still excuse your self with that?!"
"Well, yes."
"Grrr.. Argh!" He yelled as he jumped Jonah, punching every inch of his body.
I couldn't help cheer a bit for Nic. I knew it was wrong to fight, but i really thought that that boy deserved it.
And Nic did come out victorious!!
"You are not welcome here anymore. Leave!" He said, pointing at the door.
Jonah left and we didn't see him at our house again. In school he was now shunned by most of the kids after they had heard what he had done. They didn't want him to burn down their house either.

A few days after the fire, i reckoned we needed something to take our minds off it. So i invited all our friends over to have a party. I played the guitar while everyone danced and talked with each other.
"What a great party," Bella Goth told me, when some of the guests had left and only a couple were left.
"Thanks. I thought it was time to have a party. Especially after the fire. It's always great to get together and celebrate all the good instead of focusing on the bad stuff."
"You're so right. I want to celebrate Mortimer's and mine 30th anniversary yesterday. I wish he would take me out to dinner, but he said it would cost too much. He can be so stingy sometimes!"
"That's when you have to focus on the good things in him. What's he like? He must have some good sides since you've stuck with each other for so long."
"Well, he's loving, sweet, generous with love, and just between you and me," she leaned in to whisper so the children wouldn't hear, "he's a great lover! I've never before him experienced anything that is nearly as good as him."
"Ooh that's nice." I said and we kept on talking about our wonderful men.


No comments:

Post a Comment