Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2.1 with Death Comes Life

This chapter is quite sad so if you are emotionally unstable or just easily saddened i wouldn't advice you to read this!

I stifled a sob as i lay in bed. Both of our parents - In one night! Now could this get any worse! Oh no, i shouldn't say that. When you say that, things actually do get worse!

I had been watching Mom tending to the garden outside our house. There always had to be someone by her side and this time it was me. Suddenly we heard a yell from inside. I pulled Mom with me inside to see what was going on. It was coming from the bedroom. We ran in there as i heard more yells and crying. It was a shocking view. Our Dad was laying on the floor motionless. And he wasn't breathing! Why were nobody doing anything?
We all just stood there crying our eyes out. My Dad! My strong, sonderful Dad! How could this happen?
Somehow without us noticing, Mom had made it out of the room. We heard a kind of thud on the other side of the door. "Mom!" I yelled and we all ran through the door. Mom was lying on the floor, motionless too! "Nooo! Not Mom too! No no NO!" I screamed making my way to her motionless body.
Nic grabbed a hold of me. "It's too late," he said with tears running down his face. "It's too late. She's gone. And so is D-D-Dad." He started sobbing uncontrollably.

In just thirty minutes we had lost both of our parents to old age. I had never felt so alone in my entire life than i did now. Kaylin lay on the bed next to me, completely still just looking up at the ceiling.
"Hey Kay, are  you okay?" I asked while stifling another sob.
"Yeah, I'm alright. I mean Mom and Dad were getting really old so i guess it was their time, right?"
I sat up on my elbows looking horrified.
"How can you say that? They were getting old? They weren't over 80 yet! And Mom probably died out of shock!"
She just shrugged her shoulders and turned around with her back at me. I couldn't believe what she was saying. Were they really that old? No! They weren't! They were taken from us with an untimely death!

Though at the time it seemed like we would never get over the loss of our parents, with time the sore wounds healed and it once again became bearable to live. And soon enough it was Nic's birthday.
As head of household it was my duty to bake the cake. I followed in my mother's footsteps and baked the famous chocolate cake, though it wasn't as good as hers.
I put too much salt in the dough and it burnt a bit in the oven but all in all it was eatable and we quite enjoyed our first cake together alone.
We had perched the urns of our parents on their dresser in their former bedroom.
Mom was to the left and Dad to the right. Once in a while we would go talk to them, telling them stories about our lives. We knew they couldn't hear us but it gave us a kind of peace that helped us get over their death.

Kaylin had taken to tend to the garden. She didn't want all our mother's hard work to go to waste.
She would spend hours out there, sometimes even talk to the plants. She was the one of us who hadn't cried that much about their deaths. I didn't understand how she did it. I knew she mourned. I mean, how could she not? She loved our parents to death! We all did! But i guess she just handles it different than Nic and I.

Before long i had my first boyfriend. His name was Berjes Erickson and he was just dreaming!
We had our first kiss in my kitchen one day after school.
His kisses were of the softest lips. His touch the warmest and he had dreamy eyes! I was so in love i could hardly stop smiling.

Meanwhile Kaylin and I had taken our Dad's words to serious action. We had started working out at the gym three times a week. It was nice and it gave me an energy i had never experienced before.
I was surprised that Kaylin didn't have a boyfriend. She was so outgoing and always had people around her, was it at school or down at the park. She never invited anyone home with her anymore though. It seemed she didn't want to show off her messed up house and the urns of our parents. It was too saddening, she said.
I guess she wasn't entirely over their death just yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment