Tuesday, November 24, 2015

3.5 This is wrong!

"I could just lie here forever." Casey and I were lying in bed together. We had been making love all night long and i was finally starting to get tired.
"Yeah, i know what you mean," he said with a funny grin on his face. It seemed it would never fade.
I felt just as happy as he did. Maybe even more. Despite being very career oriented i still wanted a family. I had waited years to find a man i could truly be with and now i believed i had found him.

We lay together and talked about everything and anything. Until the subject landed on our work.
"By the way have you build that satellite yet?"
I felt his arms tighten around me.
"What satelite?" he asked, though i got the feeling he already knew.
"The satellite that can attract aliens. We heard about it in our last meeting with the CEO's. I can't wait to start building my own. An alien! Wouldn't that be amazing to meet one? I wonder what they are like," I said as i lay in deep thoughts, though they soon came to a close when Casey suddenly stood up, letting me fall down on the pillow.
"What's the matter?" I asked.
"What's the matter? I can't believe you don't know. Haven't you noticed yet?!"
I stared at him in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"
"You really haven't noticed?" He said in a deep voice.
"I literally have no idea what you are talking about. Care to share?"
"If you don't know i won't tell you." He got dressed while i tried to think of what it could be. When he went to leave, i begged him to stay but he refused. I was left in bed, crying. What had just happened? One minute we had been fine. We had laid in bed together, talking and smiling up to our ears with happiness. The next he had stormed off in rage. What in Devils name had just happened?

I couldn't get in contact with him the following days. He didn't answer his phone, and since i had no idea where he lived i couldn't visit him.
At work he refused to talk to me. It had gotten to the point where it was unpleasant to even be near each other, when i suddenly walked over to him and demanded an explanation.
"You just don't get it," he said.
"Then help me understand. I want to know what is wrong!" I said earnestly.
He looked at me long and hard, then sighed. "You really want to know?" he asked me, questionably.
"I do! Please tell me."
"Okay come with me." I followed him to his car which was parked on the other side of the road. When we reached it he turned around and said: "You're not going to like this."
"What do you mean? Is it bad? Illegal?"
"No, not illegal, but you might think it's wrong. Or in fact, i know you will. Okay here it goes," he took a deep breath and said: "You remember the other night we lay in bed and talked?"
"Yeah?"
"And you remember how you started talking about the satellite that could attract aliens?"
I thought back to the conversation that had been mostly one-sided. "I remember, yes."
He looked at me like i should know by now. When i obviously didn't know, he sighed and shook his head. "This is going to be more difficult than i thought," he said mostly to himself.
"Can't you just tell me? I'm going to find out sooner or later anyway. It might as well come from you."
"You really think you will be hearing this from someone else? You truly have no idea what you are dealing with if you think that."
After a few seconds he said: "Fine I'll tell you. The reason i left when you started talking about aliens, is because," he held his breath, "I'm an alien."
I looked at him in disbelief before bursting out in laughter.
"It's not funny. It's a reality." He said gloomy.
I tried to hold my breath and not laugh but it was tough. I couldn't help myself. An alien? It was ridiculous to the point of madness. "You can't be an alien," I said. "This is just some dumb excuse to get out of our relationship."
"I knew you wouldn't understand!" He yelled at me, which quickly wiped the grin off my face.
"Are you yelling at me? What the hell?"
"Okay, i'm sorry about the yelling, but i truly am an alien! Look, i can prove it." He took a pocket knife from his pocket and clicked it open.
"What are you going to do?" I asked, shocked. "No, don't!" But it was too late. He had stuck the knife into his skin on his arm and started cutting it.
"Look," he simply said.
"Wait," I looked intently at his arm. It couldn't be. It just couldn't. But... "You're not bleeding. How can you not be bleeding?!"
"I told you. I'm an alien."
"But aliens should still bleed if they're cut or stabbed, right?" My voice had become shrill and i was shaking.
"Of course we bleed. But this," he took a hold of the skin he had cut off. "This is just my cover. It's not even real! It's a kind of plastic we have on our planet that we use to make a disguise so we can walk on earth without being noticed. And this is why you would never hear it from someone else. The only people who know about it is my own people from my planet, and now you."
I looked shocked at him. I couldn't believe my own ears and eyes.
"But... we shared a bed together. We made love. We... we..."
"I know, and i'm deeply sorry to put you through this. But it is true. And as an alien it's illegal for me to have children with a human."
"Illegal? What will happen?" I asked curiously.
"I will be put to death by a electrocution, and i'm not about to risk it. I'm sorry i can't be your boyfriend any longer. I know you want a husband and kids. I shouldn't have let you on. I'm truly sorry." I could tell he really was very sorry. It just didn't cut it. I couldn't do this anymore. I thought i had found love, ever lasting love in this man, but it turns out he was nothing but a swindler.
When i left work i also gave my resignation to the board. I didn't want anything more to do with aliens and contacting them. I had found  out that being a scientist was not for me. I couldn't accept that aliens was actually walking around among us, without us knowing. Anybody could be an alien. Anybody! Which mean i was never safe! When would my next lover, or the next again reveal their true identity? I was never going to tell my family. I couldn't bare to look at their disappointed faces, knowing they were think about what a failure i was. I had fallen in love, at least i had thought i was, with an alien, then quit work to avoid him. I knew they wouldn't understand the real reason to why i had quit my job, but it didn't matter. I just told them that i didn't fancy it any longer. It wouldn't matter. It's my life and i should have complete control!

It was time to look through the job ads once again. Elaina had suggested she ask at work if they need help in the kitchen, but i refused. Cooking meals for other people were not a job i fancied.
I looked through all the ads for this week, but didn't find anything for my liking. Once a week new job ads would be added to the official job searching site for my area which was Oasis Springs, Willow Creek and Newcrest. There were also Magnolia Promenade, but there were no houses there, only boutiques.

I decided to wait until the next week with my job hunting. Until then i spend most of my time out in my garden.

Peter had grown into a teenager not long ago. His parents had redecorated his bedroom with  his favorite color Blue.
That day Kala came to me and asked to have a word. "I need to talk to you about something quite serious," she had said.
"Alright, let's sit down." We sat at the dinner table and talked.
"The thing is, Elaina and I really want out own place," she began, but i could tell immediately where this were heading.
"You should move out," I said promptly.
"What? Wait, you're okay with it?"
"Yeah. I mean, you're both adults and you have two children together. You should totally have your own home. Go for it." Secretly i was a bit sad that my cousin were moving away, but i could also see that they really needed this.
"You're always welcome to come visit," she said.
"Thank you. I might just take you up on that." I send her a big encouraging smile.
They moved out a month later when they had found a house here in Newcrest. It was only a few blocks away so it was in walking distance.



This house is ready for download on the gallery and can be found Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment