Monday, November 16, 2015

1.1 Moving Forward

I quickly pulled out my date-dress from my bag with all my clothes. I was going on my second date with Mitchell Kalani tonight. I hoped it was going to be the night. The night where he would ask me to be his girlfriend. If not, i would have to take things into my own hands.
I met with him at the bar, which had quickly become the one place i went to when i needed a drink or had a date.
We talked and talked, danced and flirted. It was like i could talk to  him about anything and everything. I was fascinated with him. He was a very outgoing sim, so he was easy to talk to. He loved having people around him, and so i felt comfortable in his presence. Even though it was only our second date, i was slowly falling in love with him.

We were standing outside of the bar having small talk. I blew him a kiss...
...and he quickly grabbed me around my waist and gave me a very heated kiss. He was also a great kisser! As we let go of each other, i whispered in his ear: "Do you want to be my boyfriend?" and winked at him.
"Yes i do, very much, Veronica." He kissed me on my lips, gently lowering his hands to my hips, pressing me up against him.
He hugged me tight while muttering in my ear: "I love spending time with you. You're so great V."
I had finally found my white and shiny knight.

One year later we were living together. We still didn't have walls around us, but it was okay. We were saving up to build a whole house where we would have children together as well.
We would often go to the gym together on work free days. Mitchell wanted to lose weight and i wanted to support him, so we worked out together.
He ran and ran on the treadmill, willing himself to continue, even though he was sweating profusely.
It wasn't just for his health that he worked out. He needed it to become an astronaut. He had quit his low payed work at the diner to join forces with the military. There he needed to be in great shape, which could not be said about him at the moment. But i supported him and i could see changes in him every week. He was healthier, faster and a much happier person at the same time.
"I can't tell you how much i appreciate you coming into my life, V," he said one night when we lay in bed in each others arms. "You have changed so much for me. You motivated me to start working out. To quit my horrible job at the diner. To follow my dream of becoming an astronaut!" His eyes shined bright as we laid under the stars. It was another warm night with star gazing from our bed.
"You know what i think? I think we should be together forever!" He turned his head and looked into my eyes. "What do you say V? Do you want to be with me forever?"
"Sure I do. I love you Mitch."
He kept his gaze at me, like he was waiting for me to say something. Then he sighed, looking back at the stars once again. "One day," he said. "I will do it right."
I didn't understand what he was talking about, but i guessed i would find out soon enough.

Every morning before work, Mitch would go for a jog around the block. He said it was good for his blood circulation and also a nice way to start the day.

Mitchell's Pov

Aah! Another wonderful day. Sunny and warm, just the way i like it. I went for a run before work as i did every day. 
Then the phone rang.
"Mitch? Hey it's Jack."
My boss! What had i done now?
"Just wanted to let you know you don't have to come in to work today."
"Oh no! Please don't fire me." I started rambling several reasons why they shouldn't fire me, when my boss tried to quiet me down.
"Don't worry Mitch. We're not firing you."
"You-you're not? Wow that's a relief."
"We're promoting you to Module Cleaner."
"Wow thanks a lot Jack! That really means a lot to me!"
"I thought so. You've been given the day off so you can work on your chess games. Be sure to plan everything for tomorrow. We're looking forward to hearing your ideas." He hung up and i just stood there looking at the phone from which Jacks voice had been just a few seconds ago, telling me i had gotten a promotion.
This was amazing! I had to tell Veronica immediately.
I jogged home to find her still sleeping. I gently woke her up with a kiss on her cheek. "Veronica? You're never gonna believe what just happened! I got a promotion! And i have the day off." 
First she just looked at me tired, annoyed that i had woken her up this early. Then her face changed into a wide smile. "Congratulations honey, i knew you could do it." She kissed me and then went right back to sleep.
I walked down to the library to play chess. It was an important task to be prepared in the military, and chess was a great game, both for the fun of it and also to make strategies. It helped clear your mind from problems and make you think more logically.

Since it was still 7 Am it was pretty quiet at the library. Not a soul was around besides me. I headed for the chess tables on the upper floor.

In the last year i had lost a considerable amount of weight. I was happy and content with my life. But both Veronica and I really wanted a house we could call our own. We hated having to go to the park or the gym to get something to eat. We wanted a closed home, with walls all around us. A computer, a nursery. The whole family thing. We were only getting older. It was time for family. We had saved up a good amount of money over the years we've been together. It was time to at least put walls around  us.
Despite that we spend all the money that we had, the house turned out pretty nice. We couldn't decorate it all, but we had kept the little furniture we had, so we at least had a bathroom and a bedroom now.
"I love it," Veronica said to me when we moved in. "It's ours and ours alone."
"I know. Nobody can come and take it away from us. I love you V."
"And i love you too Mitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment