Sunday, November 15, 2015

Prologue

I lay in bed, twisting and turning, as i disappeared further and further into dreamland.
"No, no..." I said quietly, moving around in my bed. I took a hold of my pillow, held it tight in my hands as if i was afraid of losing it.

"Your doom is nearing," the red dragon told me. "There is nothing you can do. You will lose everything." I was against the wall, arms and legs tied beside me.
The dragon neared me slowly, sparks flying from its nostrils.
"Look at me. Look into my eyes with your fearful eyes." Now it was standing right in front of me with all its might. I refused to look into its eyes. I feared i would burn if i did. "Yes, you fear me. I knew you would, when i caught you out in the woods with that gnome."
Gnome??
I looked up to see the dragon smile at me. It was a horrific sight. I could see all its sharp fangs leering at me, waiting to rip me into pieces. "Let me go," I said faintly.
"Oh so you want me to let you go? All you have to do is wake up. But you know that already.  Just wake up and I will be gone." The dragon laughed loudly and horribly. Fear crept through me and suddenly i felt a sharp pain in my arm as he pierced it with his large fangs. I yelled out in pain.

Slowly i opened my eyes. I looked around me as i sat up in my bed, the cheap bed i had bought on sale last week for just 255 simoleons.
I breathed in the fresh morning air, listening to the peaceful sound of birds singing above me. I had moved from SimCity to Newcrest just a week ago and already i had found a peace that i had never experienced before. It was nice and i was free from the stress the big city put on every one by default.
I spread out my arms only to feel an immense pain in my left arm. "Ouch!" I yelled out, as i grapped a hold of it. I looked at my right arm and saw a huge mosquito bite. I guess it wasn't such a good idea to sleep outside when you are allergic to mosquito's. Thankfully i had brought with me some salve to soothe the pain.
Every time i woke up from a horrible nightmare, my thoughts went to my Mom. My wonderful, late Mom. No, i couldn't think about it... And yet i did.

Pictures started forming in my head of the horrible incident. Only two weeks ago my family and i lived happily in a house in the outskirts of SimCity. We had had a party the night before...
I arrived home late in the early morning hours from my date with Evan, my boyfriend, to find the house in flames and the firedepartment surrounding the house, trying to put out the flames. I had screamed and cried. They said my parents never got out. My siblings, our dog...
Everything fell apart that day.

My parents weren't old, so they didn't have a testament, which the city took advantage of. They didn't hesitate with taking everything from me. All the money my family had saved up throughout the years went to cover the the holes in the city's economy. I had hired a lawyer, but all he had been able to get for me was a consolation prize of 1300 simoleons. I had decided that since that was the way the city handled things, i wanted nothing to do with them. I broke up with Evan and grabbed a cap to drive to Newcrest, a small town which was a part of two other towns - Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Together the three small towns made a society. I had yet to meet the inhabitants. All i had done since i moved there was visit the grocery store and work.
My work was in music. Well, actually entertainment. But i wanted to proceed in music later on. I loved music with all my heart and i wanted to be good at playing guitar. I hadn't played in years but i always wanted to get back to it. Now i was working my way up to get a promotion. If i could just earn enough money to buy a guitar i would be perfectly content with life.


As always you are welcome to leave a message in the comments below. Did you like the introduction to our very new Legacy? Because it isn't just my legacy, but also yours, my readers'.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to try again, fingers crossed that the comment will go through.

    I thought this was a tragic and touching start and backstory for a legacy. I'm empathetic to the founder already. And the dream imagery at the beginning was a very nice touch. It grabbed my attention, because that was so original for a legacy style story. Great start in my opinion!

    I'll definitely be back to read some more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I loved the start of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm gonna check out your blog as well :)

      Delete
    2. you can follow the thread on the forum here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861377/the-bloom-legacy/p12

      Delete